2. Make Each Day Your Masterpiece.
Masterpiece defined: Your greatest work.
Imagine living by that philosophy? One that says, “I am going to bring my greatest, do my greatest, and live my greatest, everyday. How would that impact your relationships? How would that impact your work? How would that change your life? Is that even possible? John Wooden believed it was possible, and his life is a testament to it.
Here is a beginning point for you to move in that direction. It is not the end all of this leadership philosophy, but it will definitely point you in the right direction of making every day your masterpiece.
1. Learn to quiet yourself for no less than 30 minutes. I crave solitude. A minimum of 30 minutes allows me to regain clarity. I prefer this clarity before the world is awake. I love the morning! I believe clarity is the beginning of your masterpiece. By quiet I mean, I do nothing but sit still and listen. Psalms 46:10 says,”Be still and know that I am God!” Want everyday to be a masterpiece? Listen to the only one that can truly give you Master Peace:)
2. Read for transformation. “As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.” Proverbs 23:7. ”And be not conformed to this world: but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” Romans 12:2. Want to live everyday as a masterpiece? Start reading things that are profitable, and encouraging. The bible should be your most used and abused book, and other books supplemental. I think the reason life masterpieces aren’t being seen that much anymore is, that people have shelved the bible and replaced it with good books. Good though, has become an enemy of the greatest!
3. Surround yourself with encourager’s. In the bible, Barnabas (Name means – Son of encouragement), is a great example of being an encourager and believing the best in others. Even when everybody else shunned the apostle Paul after he surrendered to Jesus, Barnabas still believed in Paul and spoke into his life. If your going to live everyday as a masterpiece? You can’t live your life surrounded by Eeyore’s, because nothing wrecks masterpieces more than critics. Who is encouraging you? Who are you encouraging?
4. Take care of your body. Studies have shown, and proved that your physical health plays into your emotional, spiritual, and psychological health. Wonder why you are under-performing and not making daily masterpieces? Maybe it’s because you have neglected your personal health? Who’s responsible for this? You! Eat well, exercise, and rest. No, you do not have to, but you will never create masterpieces by neglecting yourself. I also read that exercise halts the aging process, and will keep you looking younger longer. Sign me up!!:)
5. Give. As I have studied leaders at all levels, what has made their lives masterpieces is, they gave of their time, talent, and resources. I believe that someone who truly lives, will apply what the apostle Paul said in Philippians 2:4 “Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.” Daily masterpieces are created by givers, not takers! Don’t live by the cliche “What have you done for me lately?” Live by “What have I done for others lately?”
Your masterpieces start now!!